I don’t know anyone who hasn’t fantasised about winning the lottery or making millions while they were sleeping, but as someone who has forensically studied the lifestyles of billionaires, you can take it from me that being super rich does not make you super happy.
Here are just a few of the reasons why the super rich struggle with being at peace:
- Billionaires actually seem to worry MORE about Money than you or I: They worry about losing it, they worry about how it’s invested, they worry about the effect it’s going to have. The anxieties only multiply with the zeroes.
- They don’t know who their friends are and feel their relationships have in some cases become contingent on, their wealth.
- They’re afraid (not mistakenly) that people will despise or envy them.
- They lack the Structure work gives to life. Advancing along a professional or entrepreneurial path is how we often measure our own success. Without work, it can be hard to assess whether your time has been well spent.
- They’re more worried about their Children and that money will rob them of ambition.
- They Compare their possessions with what other billionaires have so instead of feeling like they have more than others, they feel they have less.
- True love is even harder to find because they can never trust anyone.
Perhaps worst of all, billionaires feel they’ve lost their right to complain for fear of sounding ungrateful.
Remy Blumenfeld is a creative life coach living in London. He empowers leaders to play the game of life with purpose, grace and ease. Before training as coach, he launched a TV Production company which created dozens of ground breaking, TV shows.